Saturday, January 7, 2012

The only thing that is constant is Change!

Yet another blog I started. This time to vent out my knowledge and not frustration :-)
I think I have a very good knack of abstracting out the math and details to understand the basic idea of ap paper and I want to put that to good use! ( Self claimed trait BTW! ). Moreover, I am fed up of people complaining about my reading frequency and habits and sadly they are right so this is also to increase my reading ability and frequency. Yet another change in my life!!

I love certain papers even though they are simple and forget some even though they are awesome. The ones I remember are the ones with intuitive ideas(Math can be gory!) and the ones that are not so simple just get lost in the past. In any case, my objective in starting this blog is three fold:

1) To document various awesome ideas I come across from research papers.
2) To actually remember the authors and groups ( I suck at this and by going through the exercise of visiting their webpage and the groups webpage I think I will become better over time ).
3) I want to convey the intuition behind the paper and not necessarily explain the paper and If I cannot find a way to do it easily that means either the paper sucks or I did not understand it properly. Either way its helpful to me.

The basic structure of each paper I review will be:


Link to the paper ( if applicable )
Authors & Group
Intuition
Figures
Previous work
Gory details
Future work ( according to authors )
Future ideas by me ( if I can think of any )

Here we go, Research community brace yourself for some awesomeness from Manohar Paluri...

1 comment:

  1. keep the details shared so others can benefit from the summary you have generated.

    ReplyDelete